May 18, 2013

A Seat Of Honour, Or Is It So?




I sit upon the seat of honour 

and look upon the sights ahead, 
Who are these that I behold? 
Who are these this path to tread? 

'O beauteous face! O fair skin! 
Who art thou? Thou make me insane! 
Thou art a heavenly form. 
'Oh no! The sight now does wane! 

Why does she go away so soon? 
I know not why but I can tell 
She had the eyes of a dove, 
and like a goddess who fell. 

But as I sit upon my seat 
comes along another as I behold, 
Her silken flanks do make me stare, 
I feel so numb, my palms are cold. 

'O sweet goddess! Who art thou? 
Thy name I know not, so I say 
That please fair maiden, do speak. 
'Oh she smiles, but she goes away! 

I care not for this world anymore,
I have to go, so I have to go, 
I leave my seat for someone else 
to sit here and feel the woe!

(Copyright: Zubin Rashid)

1 comment:

  1. Oh!! Sir!! This reminded me of the romantic poets like Keats, Shelley.. Just truly amazing!! :-)

    ReplyDelete